Thursday, August 16, 2012

Koyaanisqatsi

What the hell is going on?

Melky was using.  He's out for the rest of the season, taking with him the hopes of all the Giants fans out there.  Will the rest of the team step up?  I hope so, but the thing that rankles in my mind is the fact that management knew this was coming down the pike back in July.  I'm sure that's one of the reasons that they pursued Hunter Pence so aggressively.  And why, just last week, in an interview, Brian Sabean said they were putting further contract negotiations with Melky on hold.  At the time, I discussed it with my boyfriend.  I couldn't understand why they would hesitate to re-sign one of the National League's leading hitters.   Guess what- the boy's been juicing.  The only good thing I can see out of this whole mess is that Melky owned up to it, admitted he made a mistake.  Consider this:  he told the truth.

Nevertheless- I'm not sure what's going to happen to the rest of the Giants season.  They lost yesterday and the Dodgers won, so the Giants have fallen to second place, with a cloud over them.

I'm really sad about all of this.

Another headline caught my eye this morning:  One of the Nob Hill Twins has Alzheimer's, and is hospitalized.  The remaining twin is in financial hardship, but still goes everyday to visit her sister.
I loved those women, they brightened my day when I would see them in the City.

Everything is going up- gas, food, just plain living.

What do we possibly have to look forward to? 

"Softball," my boyfriend told me helpfully.  "My win/loss record.  The Coneheads in the playoffs.  The A's and the Cards in the World Series."

Well, there you have it.  Go, Coneheads.

No comments:

Post a Comment