Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Grace, Part 2

It was brought to my attention that I forgot a recent klutzy incident.  Mea culpa, mea culpa.  So, to further embarrass myself, let me tell you a quick story.

It was a nice relaxing evening in with the man I'm currently dating.  If there's a ballgame on, we will happily curl up, and this was the case on this particular evening.  We ate a fabulous dinner that he made, the Giants were playing on the enormous high def tv that all men seem to possess... 

I'm sorry, I need to digress for a moment:  What is it about men and the size of their tv's?!! Why do they all have to have the biggest, flattest televisions available???  Even my gay boyfriend has an enormous flatscreen.  Honestly, most women could care less.  (I have to admit- it is great for watching baseball.)  Okay, done with my rant, and back to the evening.

I was wearing comfy flannel jammies and  Uggs.  (Sorry- nothing really sexy.)  I had a really good Cab in my glass.  Suddenly, something exciting happened in the game- and, just like that, I knocked over the entire glass of red wine.  To my credit, somehow, I miraculously managed to miss both the carpet and the couch- the wine landed on the hardwood floor, which I promptly cleaned up with the dishtowel, thus permanently staining it, and I'm sure, enduring myself in the heart of his roommate forever for ruining his towel but NOT his couch and rug.

The important facts:  The Giants won, and I missed the couch and the rug.

Grace.  Attractiveness.  Appeal.  Elegance.  Pulchritude.  Traits I hope to develop in the fullness of time.

Unfortunately, I wasted an really good glass of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment