Thursday, March 1, 2012

Wait A Minute: You Think I'm A Booty Call???

The more men I meet and the more I date, the more I'm convinced that I just exist on a different plane of reality from the male species.

I had a dinner date with a seemingly fabulous man.  Attractive, professional, fit, interesting.  Blue eyes, salt and pepper hair.  We got along really well, and at the end of the evening, he told me he wanted to see me again- maybe Saturday? Well, I had no plans for that evening, and we got along fairly well, so I agreed. 

Saturday morning he called.  His plans had changed, he couldn't have dinner, he had to go into the City to meet some friends.  Could I meet him for lunch, instead?  I almost said no- but then, I figured he was really trying to make up for cancelling at the last minute.  So I agreed. 

We met at a cute little cafe.  We talked, and ordered our food.  He leaned forward and looked at me intently.  "I just don't want to play any games," he said.  "I'm really attracted to you.  Do you want to come over to my place right now and have some wine?"  I looked at him.  He was serious.  The guy was propositioning me, at lunch.  He had blown off our dinner date but he still wanted to take me home.  He never stopped to consider whether I was attracted to him as well.  At this point I was noticing how beady his blue eyes were.

Are you fu*&ing kidding me?  I burst out laughing, I just couldn't help myself.  In fact, I couldn't stop.  I think he was insulted by my reaction.  "I don't really think it was that funny of a question," he said, rather pompously.  How is it I had never noticed that he was full of himself, before this moment?  "Well," he said.  "I think we're done here."  And then, Prince Charning got up and left.  Leaving me laughing.  Alone.  And stuck with the bill.  I did get to take his food home, so at least I didn't have to cook for the rest of the weekend.

I just need to know:  What the hell is wrong with these guys?

1 comment:

  1. LOL....LOL....when is the sitcom coming out? I'm there, on the couch....with the POPCORN!

    ReplyDelete