Wednesday, February 1, 2012

"... Even educated fleas do it..."

Shakespeare called it "making the beast with two backs."  Fornication.  Copulation.  Intercourse.  Relations.  An arrangement.  F*#king.  Whatever vernacular you want to use, sex is out there in abundance.  If all you want to do is get laid, well, welcome to computer dating.  I think that roughly three quarters of the men out there are trolling for bait.  Some are up front and open about it, others a bit cagier.  I don't actually think it's a problem if that's what both parties are looking for- I mean, really, is there anything better than sex?  What goes on between two consenting adults in the privacy of their bedroom is entirely up to them.  That said, there seems to be a distinct disconnect between men and women, searching for the elusive right relationship.  Most women want permanence.  A partner to come home to, someone to take care of them once in a while, and offer emotional support, etc.  Men want some of that, I think.  But mostly, men want sex.  The permanence part?  Maybe not so much.

Then there are all the rules about when it's appropriate to have sex.  First date?  Second date?  Third date?  If you do it on the first date, will he then think you're not "serious relationship" material?  It's all so stupid, isn't it?  Don't judge me by what I will and won't do.  In fact, just don't judge me.  In return, I'll try to not judge you. 

Maybe we women should be more in the present instead of  thinking about permanence and the future, and just enjoy what's right here.  If it's going to turn into something more, it will.  Conversely, if it's not going to go anywhere, it won't, you can't make it happen.  And honestly, if some man is going to judge you as unworthy because you sleep with him too soon, well- do you really want to be with that kind of person anyway?  I wouldn't. 

Here's my own personal bottom line.  I am over fifty.  If I want to do it, I will.  Rules be damned.  I'll make my own rules.  And just enjoy my life.

And sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment