Thursday, February 23, 2012

Faux-Spring Fever

In Spring, so it's said, a man's fancy turns to thoughts of love.  In Spring, my fancy, my mind, my whole being turns to thoughts of baseball.  I can't help it, it's just the way I am.  Of course, it's not really Spring, just Faux-Spring in Winter.  Warm enough to tempt you into wearing a flowing, sleeveless dress, a little cardigan, and showing off your somewhat tanned legs and perfectly pedicured toes in really cute sandals.      Sitting in the warm sun today, I designed the perfect date for myself.

It's a beautiful, warm afternoon, and there's an occasional breeze so you don't get too hot.  I'm sitting in a lower reserve box on the first base side of the infield at AT&T Park, and the Giants are up.  The pitching has been phenomenal, the batters have mastered the art of situational hitting, and my boys are up by at least 8 runs.  I'm eating a hot dog and garlic fries, and drinking a beer, and I'm with the man of my dreams, who is as much into the game as I am.  And eating his own fries, not mine.  And, he is as crazy about me as he is about baseball.

I really don't think that's asking too much.

Come on, Spring.  Go Giants.  Now, about that dream man-  he better be a Giants fan.  I bleed black and orange.  I'll find him....

No comments:

Post a Comment