Saturday, February 11, 2012

Opposites Must Really Attract

Why does it seem that nice men always end up with really witchy women?  This has always been one of life's eternal mysteries, in my mind.  I've seen it over and over, throughout my life;  really polite, seemingly intelligent men, with scary wives or girlfriends who appear to be outwardly bitchy, self-centered, rude, demanding and condescending.  These women are pills that I wouldn't want to spend any time with.  Would these men be too bored with a nice woman who might actually like to hear what they have to say once in a while, and care about their opinion?   A woman who would care about them, and let them decide something once in a while?   Maybe the face these men and women present to the world is just for show, and at home the women cater to them, value them, appreciate the fact that they have a nice, decent guy.

Right.

I had a date with a guy who spent the entire time telling me about his ex-wife.  She was apparently a piece of work, and he was still completely besotted with her, in spite of the occasional descriptive expletive.  She had left him for his best friend, and yet in spite of that betrayal, she still had him by the short and curlies. 
That date lasted the requisite fifteen minutes, which is what I allot for meeting new men.  Let's face it- you can tell instantly, or pretty close to it, if anything is going to develop;  I see no reason to prolong agony.

Surely there is a nice, attractive guy out there who wants his female counterpart.

No comments:

Post a Comment